Hello my friends,
Here we are with my newsletter from Lake Como.
I have some news for you today.
First of all, the situation here is getting better and we have the center and the South of the Country which are going quite well.
Some more problems for the Lombardia, which is the most densed and populated region and is the slowest with the decreasing of the the infection.
Said that, the 4th of May we will be able to start again, step by step, our life. We will allowed to go out, with masks and gloves, and do single sports (like my beloved cycling).
Yes, we will be able to ride the bikes as well, within the region borders for at least one month.
I have to admit that in Lombardia we are pretty lucky, we have no sea, ma all the rest is beautiful here.
So, let’s go ahead in a good spirit. I hope it’s the same for you guys.
The second news is very important to me.
I would like to propose you a thing that really could help Lake Como Motorbike in this difficult time.
I’m proposing you a special voucher which you could use for a ride in the next three years.
The voucher costs only 50 euros and gives you a discount of 100 euros for the next ride.
It’s a way to try to get over this 2020, when my activity is stopped because of the general situation.
If you would like to get this voucher, I’ll be more than happy to give you the special discount, with the joy to see you in the next three years.
I’ll be really grateful to every single person who will buy the voucher via Paypal (also via credit card), with the link I’ve insert on this newsletter.
(copy and past in your browser)
Last but not least, my recipe.
Some of you asked me about the bolognese sauce, which in Italy is called ragù.
Here we have the Mauro’s special recipe.
Ingredients for 8 people
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• a knob of butter
• 2 medium red onions finely chopped
• 2/3 carrots finely chopped
• 2 celery sticks, finely chopped
• 300 gr beef mince
• 300 gr viel mince
• 300 gr pork mince
• 100 gr sausage
• 2x 500 gr tins of plum tomato
• A glass of red wine
1. Put a large saucepan on a medium heat and add 1 tbsp olive oil and the butter.
2. Add onions, carrots, celery sticks, all finely chopped, then fry for 10 mins. Stir the veg often until it softens.
3. Increase the heat to medium-high, add mince and sausage and cook stirring for 3-4 mins until the meat is browned all over.
4. Wet with the red wine and wait until alcohol has evaporated.
5. Add 2 tins plum tomatoes. Stir with a wooden spoon, breaking up the plum tomatoes.
6. Bring to the boil, reduce to a gentle simmer and cover with a lid. Cook for 4 hours, stirring occasionally, until you have a rich, thick sauce.
7. When the bolognese is nearly finished, cook 700g spaghetti n°5 or tagliatelle, or pappardelle.
8. Drain the spaghetti and stir into the bolognese sauce. Serve with a lot of a lot of parmesan.
You can use this good amount of ragù also to make some lasagna or some snacks with bread or something you love..
I really hope you are enjoying my recipes and you are still going strong and safe.
I’m hugging you all.